Structure of the study program
The validity of the program itself is based on previously acquired knowledge in the field of tax and customs policy, as well as on the monitoring and use of foreign literature and practice, ancillary content and already professional disciplines.
Svrha specijalističkog studijskog programa Javne finansije jeste formiranje i osposobljavanje kvalitetnog stručnog kadra u oblasti ekonomske zaštite nacionalnog prostora, a posebno u oblasti javnih finansija. Potrebe privrede i države za zaštitu domaće proizvodnje nedvosmisleno nameću potrebu za ostvarivanje ovog studijskog programa. Kroz stručne predmete studenti se osposobljavaju za rad u državnim organima, kompanijama usmerenim na spoljnotrgovinsko poslovanje, specijalizovanim specijalističkim preduzećima u cilju što uspešnijeg sprovođenja zaštitne politike države i zadovoljenju zadataka koje se pred njima nalaze.
The purpose of the specialist study program Public Finance is to form and train quality professional staff in the field of economic protection of the national space, and especially in the field of public finance. The needs of the economy and the state for the protection of domestic production unequivocally impose the need for the realization of this study program. Through professional subjects, students are trained to work in state bodies, companies focused on foreign trade, specialized specialist companies in order to more successfully implement the state’s protection policy and meet the tasks before them.
Objectives of the study program
The aim of the study program of specialist vocational studies of Public Finance is to educate and train staff for professional work in the field of economics appropriate to the needs of tax policy, sectors that have a direct or indirect impact on business costs, observed through public finances and its fiscal system. for the proper and undisturbed functioning of the state apparatus of each country.
Students of this study program acquire theoretical and practical knowledge that can be applied in current economic trends.
This program is intended for all those who in practice deal with tasks related to projection – budget creation at all levels of state administration, ie tasks related to controlling the spending of budget funds of all users of budget funds (public sector). The knowledge acquired in this study program is valuable and equally useful for taxpayers as well as for state bodies dealing with the control, determination and collection of public revenues.
Unstable and poorly developed economies need a constant change of individual regulations, and sometimes the entire legal regulations, especially those related to the tax system of a country, and given that certain phenomena of life can not be predicted in advance, there is a constant need and to be such specific and very complex practical cases legal frameworks, ie. find the best legal solutions and create an adequate environment for the application of these regulations. Experts of a certain specialty are constantly faced with increasing demands that must be addressed on a daily basis, which is why there is a constant need for constant professional development of staff in this field. The study program of specialist vocational studies of Public Finance is a concrete example of that.
Competencies of graduate students
By mastering the study program, the student acquires the following general abilities:
- Analysis, synthesis and prediction of solutions and consequences;
- Mastering research methods, procedures and processes;
- Development of critical and self-critical thinking and approach;
- Application of knowledge in practice;
- Development of communication skills, as well as cooperation with the narrower social and international environment;
- Professional ethics.
By mastering the study program, the student acquires the following subject-specific abilities:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the fiscal apparatus;
- Solving specific problems using research methods and procedures;
- Connecting basic knowledge from different fields and their application;
- Monitoring and application of innovations in the profession, especially in the field of tax and customs policy;
- Development of skills and abilities in the use of knowledge in the appropriate field;
- Use of information and communication technologies in mastering the knowledge of the relevant field and monitoring, implementation and enforcement of laws and recommendations of competent ministries.
After completing the specialist studies in Public Finance, students are trained to work in managerial positions in:
- Public Revenue Office and their branches;
- Local governments for tax calculation, control of tax calculation, tax collection, etc .;
- In customs administrations, directorates, customs offices, customs offices, departments for control over customs goods;
- Implementation of the customs procedure, calculation, collection and forced collection of import and other duties;
- Monitoring and protection of copyright and intellectual property rights;
- Detection of customs offenses, keeping records, keeping statistical data on turnover, import, export, etc .;
- Opening and working in shipping companies.
Curriculum – Public Finance
|4.||FPS4||Tax and budget control and audit||4+3||7|
|Elective courses (two of four)
|1.||FPI1||Public sector management||4+3||7|